Thursday, December 8, 2011

Next


Next

Get up and go to work everyday. This may sound stupid and confusing, but it’s not. I don’t mean for you to go back to the place that decided that your service was no longer necessary, I mean for you to invent a series of tasks that you have to do everyday.

For me this was getting up and cleaning the house. This mundane task was something that my wife and I would do every Saturday. This task is something that I hate doing but I love the results. I’ve always hated how our house could get a little cluttered throughout the week, but right after it was clean it brought a since of peace and serenity. Hell, I would even hold off on going to the bathroom just to enjoy the fact that the toilet was so clean I could eat soup out of it.

With my wife still working it seemed like it was something I could do to ease the stress in her life and believe it or not it is a fulfilling task that allows you to see the results of your efforts.

When you’re done, your done. This becomes the time when you get to dedicate your time to your tasks. I would always dedicate four hours to cleaning (laundry, dishes, different parts of the house) and then lunch. Immediately after lunch I spend two solid hours applying for jobs. Finally, the last two hours before the misses gets home is my time.

During “my time” I work on a hobby. Mine, for instance, is cars. I love cars and there are a million things that I can do on my hobbies without spending money.

It give me a since of accomplishment and normality to continue to participate in these activities. I feel like I still have a job to do, part of it sucks (cleaning the house) but there is a final outcome; there is still paperwork (job hunting); and a reward for doing a hard days work (my time).

Your still a man, so act like one.

Next time I’ll help you think up things like, your new job, your hobby, and the ability to do these things without an income.

C



No comments:

Post a Comment