Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Beginning


I’ve looked and looked but I can’t find the pictures of the truck the day I brought it home. I figure they must have been taken with a camera that requires film, and who knows where I would have put the developed copy. So we are going to start the pictures and continue the stories from shortly after the truck got home.


As you can see I cleaned her up, threw on some new tires and shot some primer.


As I mentioned in the previous post this is the second ’63 Ford that I owned. From the experiences of the first I know that even with the safety latch these hoods blow open at the most inopportune times (such as running down the interstate at 80 mph). So to be preemptive, I cut the fenders, built a bracket, bolted it all together and now have a front tilting hood.  
I cleaned up the motor and firewall. Shot a fresh coat of old Ford red on the motor and rattle canned the rest.
As you can see I went through and painted the interior (nice quick job, used Krylon).

The next post is going to show how I threw all this away and started cutting, till next time, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment